You guys! Let me tell you about pasta that isn’t actually pasta. I know, it’s New Year’s Eve and you’ve decided you’re never eating pasta again. That’s totally fine because I’ve got a solution for you and you’re gonna love it because it solves so many problems (like carb and calorie probs).
I recently invested in a spiralizer and it’s about to change my life. I bought this specific device and it’s amazing! In seconds and with minimal effort ( I promise) it’ll make “spaghetti” noodles from a vegetable, like a zucchini, which is what we’ll use for this recipe.
I have so much to learn about spiralizing veggies but after how well this recipe turned out I can see that it’s about to turn into a staple at my house. This first recipe is incredibly easy and you guys are going to love it. I wanted to test out my new spiralizer and determine if eating veggie noodles warm was going to be a realistic option. I just had a hard time imaging these would hold up but they did! Because the taste of zucchini is generally light and mild I noticed it absorbed the pesto and added a fantastic fresh little crunch even after warmed.
This recipe only requires 4 ingredients and is easy enough to whip up in less than 20 minutes. The best part is that when you exchange pasta noodles for zucchini noodles you cut out most of the calories and carbs!
Parmesan Pesto Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
– 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 2 medium zucchini, cut into “spaghetti noodles” using your spiralizer
– 1 jar Classico Traditional Basil Pesto
– 2 tbsp shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Spiralize your zucchini’s! Warm these in a skillet for 2-3 minutes until al dente, drain excess liquid and set aside.
2. Salt and pepper shrimp. Heat a skillet over med-high and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Saute shrimp 2 mins per side until pink.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add pesto. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add zucchini noodles and warm for 1 minute.
5. Top with Parmesan Cheese and serve immediately!
Nutrition: 1 serving
Calories: 361 cals
Enjoy and Thanks for stopping by!