Here’s another 5 minute DIY project for the holidays! If you haven’t already checked out my quick winter snow globes, click here, you’ll love those! This project is a simple rustic way to light up your home this season. Most of the supplies actually don’t have to be purchased if your backyard is woods-y. I have a ton of baskets I use for storage and for this project, the more rustic the better! Let me show you:
Lighted Birch Holiday Boxes
– Wooden Box or basket
– Thin logs: I chose birch because of the look/color but you could use whatever you like. Most people can get these from their own property but the birch can be purchased at craft stores
– Greens: Again, most could clip these fresh if desired but these can also be purchased in pieces from craft stores (I prefer Michael’s where I usually get my stuff 50% off)
– String of battery operated lights
1. Assemble logs near the back of the box/basket however you like.
2. Arrange the greens around the logs so that there are no big gaps in the box.
3. String lights around the greens. I prefer to have the battery pack set on a timer so I don’t have to mess with it and I just shove it in the bottom of the box.
4. Find a pretty spot for it and enjoy!
What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by!