Despite my family’s best efforts, I am not a “meat and potatoes” girl. To my wallet’s dismay, I’m more of lobster or filet and steamed veggie lady 😉 Sigh. I do my best to combine the two worlds, and here’s just one of those ways I think I’ve done it successfully:
Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Tangy Mustard Sauce
Served with Garlicky Steamed Fingerling Potatoes and Broccolini
– 4 beef tenderloin steaks, 8 oz each
– salt and pepper
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1/2 c. sour cream
– 5 tsp dijon mustard
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– 1 bag steam-in-bag fingerling potatoes
– 1 tbsp butter
– 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
– 1/2 tsp garlic salt
– 1 package broccolini
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Salt and pepper beef. Heat a skillet to high, add oil. When hot, sear beef until browned on both sides.
2. Place beef on a foil-lined pan and cook in the oven for 9-10 minutes (for medium). When finished, remove from the oven and tent with foil and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Microwave the potatoes during this time (they take 9 minutes to steam in the the microwave). Begin steaming the broccolini in a steamer pot.
4. Mix the sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pepper (to taste) in a small bowl, set aside).
5. When the potatoes are done, pour them into a bowl, add butter, rosemary, and garlic salt, stir. When broccolini is finished, add desired salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition: 1 steak, 1 c. potatoes, 3 oz broccolini
Calories: 466 cals