Who doesn’t love chicken thighs? They are a staple in my home because they are easy to cook, low in calories, and always turn out tasty! I’m usually selecting boneless/skinless to cut calories and cook time, but I’ll be honest, they retain more flavor when bone and skin is left on.
I modified this recipe here from Damn Delicious, just a little to cut time and unnecessary calories, but trust me, all the flavor remains. These were awesome!
Garlic Honey Brown Sugar Chicken Thighs
– 4 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
– Salt and pepper
– 2 tbsp butter
– 4 tsp minced garlic
– 1/4 c brown sugar
– 1 tbsp honey
– 1/2 tsp dried oregano
– 1/4 tsp dried thyme
– 1/4 tsp dried basil
– fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place baking dish in the oven to warm. Season Chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, add brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme, and basil.
3. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down. Sear for 3-4 minutes, flip and cook another 3 minutes.
4. Remove baking dish from oven, add chicken, set aside.
5. Turn stovetop off, leaving skillet on burner. Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add honey and brown sugar mixture, stirring until mixed well.
6. Pour mixture over chicken. Place chicken in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, garnish with parsley, and enjoy!
Nutrition: 1 chicken thigh
Let me know if you try this!
Thanks for stopping by!