I can’t get enough beef tenderloin- I’d have it weekly if I could afford to! It’s always delicious and so hard to screw up. I typically prefer my beef and pork done “medium” but beef tenderloin tastes perfect almost any way and I find I enjoy it the most rare to medium-rare. I have a million simple beef tenderloin recipes, and this one is one of my simple favorites. It’s essentially a “steak with mushroom sauce” variation. The variation being the cut of meat is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S 🙂
Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Sauce
– 4 6oz beef tenderloin steaks
– 1 cup dry red wine, divided
– 3/4 c fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped OR 1/2 c dried parsley
– 2 large shallots, minced
– 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 2 tsp olive oil
– 2 8oz packages of sliced white mushrooms
– 1/2 c beef broth
– 1/4 tsp red wine vinegar
– salt and pepper
– 1/4 c shaved parmesan (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Prepare ingredients.
2. In a medium-sized bowl mix 1/2 c dry red wine, half of the parsley (I recommend fresh but I didn’t have fresh so I used 1/4 c dried), 1 shallot, balsamic vinegar, thyme, and garlic. Add the steaks, mix well. Allow beef to marinate in mixture for 10 minutes.
3. Remove steaks from mixture and place in a roasting dish that has been coated with nonstick spray. Add salt and pepper. Place on bottom oven rack for 20-30 minutes (for rare to medium-rare). When done, remove dish from oven and tent with foil – allowing meat to sit for 10 minutes before serving. ** I only cooked one steak for this post, but you’d add all of your steaks to the same dish.
4. Meanwhile, combine remaining parsley, wine, broth, and red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Stir and set aside. Heat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and remaining onion. Cook for about 10 minutes, until mushrooms begin releasing their juices. Add wine mixture and increase heat to medium-high. Simmer until sauce is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve mushroom mixture and a dash of shaved parmesan over beef tenderloin and enjoy!
Nutrition: 1 Filet, about 1/2 c mushroom mixture, and a pinch of Parmesan
Thank you for stopping by, enjoy!