This recipe is a yummy way to change up your usual taco routine. It’s full of fresh nutritious ingredients and is perfect for the spring and summer season. I’m all for anything that requires the grill and this one does not disappoint!
Grilled Chicken Tacos with Avocado Salsa and Spicy Mayo
– 4-5 thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
– 1 lime: squeezed for juice and 1/2tsp grated lime zest
– 1/2tsp ground cumin
– salt and pepper
– 1/2c light mayo
– 1 1/2tsp hot sauce
– 2 avocados, diced
– 2 roma tomatoes, finely diced
– 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
– 1/2tsp hot sauce
– 8 small flour tortillas
– additional taco ingredients (cheese, sour cream, vegetables, etc)
1. Preheat grill to medium. Meanwhile, combine the lime zest, 1/4tsp cumin, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Pat chicken breasts with seasoning mix. Grill until done (4-5 mins), flipping once.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, 2tbsp lime juice, remaining cumin, and 1tsp hot sauce. Add water, 1tsp at a time, until mixture is thin enough to be poured.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the avocado, tomato, remaining lime juice and hot sauce, and cilantro.
4. Dice chicken, and prepare tacos!
Nutrition: 2 tacos (2 shells, 1/4 chicken, 4tbsp mayo, 4tbsp salsa)
** additional calories if adding additional ingredients
Thanks for stopping by!