Here in the Northeast we had 1 sunny day and temps were above freezing so that meant I broke out the grill! The weather was just perfect enough to remind me to keep hangin’ on, nicer days are coming 😉
This “recipe” is one of my staples for the summer and I was craving it this weekend. Don’t let the word “salad” confuse you, this is anything but healthy. It is DELICIOUS though and moderation is the key word. I’m not kidding, this one is restaurant worthy and perfect for those “cheat days” or for a little family gathering.
I won’t pretend to have invented “steak salads” but this is how I do mine. If you’ve never been all that crazy about steak salads I encourage you to try this one, it’s worth the effort and you’ll understand the hype.
– 2 8-10oz NY Strip Steaks (Ribeye works well too)
– McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
– Crispy french fries, cooked as directed ( I used 1/2 a bag)
– Shredded Mozzarella cheese (1/2c)
– Salad, packaged with shredded carrots
– Tomato (3-4 romas)
– Dressing of choice (recommended: Blue Cheese, Thousand Island, or Ranch)
– Optional: pickled eggs, black olives, croutons, peppers
1. Remove steaks from the refrigerator about 1 hour prior to cooking so they can warm to room temp. Apply Montreal Steak seasoning liberally to both sides of the steaks.
2. Preheat the grill to high. Cook french fries as directed, timing them so that they will be done around the same time as the steaks. Prepare the vegetables.
3. When there’s about 7 minutes left on the fries, cook the steaks. For medium – cook 4 minutes, flip, and cook an addition 3 minutes (times may vary depending on steak thickness). Remove the steaks from the grill and allow to sit 3-5 minutes before chopping.
4. Divide steak, fries, and mozzarella cheese between four salads. Allow cheese to begin melting and add your dressing 🙂
As always, thanks for stopping by!