This one was inspired by a “what can I do with the random ingredients I have laying around” moment. The chicken portion is modified by a recipe in one of my “cooking light” specials. It turned out really great. It’s super fresh and doesn’t take very long to make.
If you are in the mood for something that is healthy but leaves you feeling full, has fresh light flavors, and takes only minutes to make, give this one a shot.
Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini Rice
– 1 pint cherry tomatoes
– 1 tbsp honey
– 1 tsp olive oil + 1 tbsp olive oil
– salt and pepper
– 4 4oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
– 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 1 zucchini, chopped
– 1 cup white rice, cooked as directed on box
– 1 1/2 tbsp shaved parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 450. Cover a baking sheet with non-stick foil. In a small bowl, mix 1 tsp olive oil and honey. Add cherry tomatoes and stir. Scatter tomatoes on baking sheet and place in oven for 12-14 minutes (until skins burst), stirring once.
2. When done, place tomatoes and juices in a bowl, add salt (about 1/4 tsp) and stir.
3. While tomatoes cook, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to skillet. Salt and pepper both sides of chicken. When hot, add to skillet. Cook chicken until golden brown, flipping once (3-4 minutes per side).
4. Add balsamic vinegar to the skillet. Flip chicken once to cover in the liquid then remove them from pan, keep warm.
5. Add zucchini to the pan and allow to cook 3-4 minutes per side, flipping once.
6. Add cooked rice and stir. Remove skillet from heat.
7. Plate the zucchini and rice mixture, dividing between 4 plates. Add the chicken and divide the tomato mixture between the 4 plates. Top with shaved parmesan and ENJOY!
Nutrition: 1 chicken breast and 1/4 tomato mixture, 1/4 zucchini and rice mixture
Let me know if you try this one! Thanks for stopping by!