I’ve been sick for the last few days and today was one of those “I’d rather starve to death than cook” days. (Ok, feel free to roll your eyes, let’s get real, I’m not about to starve to death if I miss a meal…. maybe my illness has cranked up the dramatics?) 😉
In true chubby-girl-at-heart fashion, I was feeling like crap but starving. I flipped through one of my new cookbooks (mostly out of boredom, inability to sleep, and inability to move- the puppy was sleeping on my shoulder and I had made it my life’s goal not to wake her) and found some inspiration. This recipe is modified from Melissa D’arabian. I tweaked it a little and the chicken was AWESOME. Well worth VERY VERY MINIMAL effort it took me to prepare it. 🙂
Honey Mustard Chicken
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 30 minutes Serves: 3
-1/4c dijon mustard
-1 tbsp. honey
-1 tbsp light mayonnaise
-1/2 tsp hot sauce
– 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
– salt and pepper
– 1 c. whole wheat bread crumbs
– 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line the bottom of a broiling pan with foil. Coat the top rack with nonstick spray.
2. Mix dijon, honey, mayo, and hot sauce together in a medium sized mixing bowl. On a separate plate, mix bread crumbs and thyme together.
3. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
4. Add the chicken to the mustard mixture, turning to coat. Then dredge in the bread crumbs, make sure all edges are coating. Place on broiling pan. Keep the chicken pieces from touching.
5. Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Nutrition: 4oz chicken (about 2 strips)
This chicken was awesome, I hope you try it! Let me know what you think!
Thanks for stopping by!