This recipe is laughable – it’s a deconstructed Caesar salad. I use it to fool people into thinking they aren’t eating a salad for DINNER.
Let me explain:
The chicken is marinated in Caesar dressing (I use Panera Bread’s Caesar dressing because I reallllllly like it 🙂 ) and “grilled” in a saute pan (or, actually grilled…. but it’s winter right now, so I’ll be turning my burner up to medium-high, turning the exhaust fan on, and disconnecting the smoke detector).
I serve it with a side of Romaine with Shaved Parmesan, Asiago Ciabatta Croutons, and Caesar dressing, and a quarter cup of Long Grain and Wild Rice.
It’s good, like realllllly good. The chicken is cooked so quickly is has no time to dry out, it’s deliciously juicy, perfectly marinated, and has that “just off the grill” flavor. You’re going to love it.
Caesar Chicken and Side Salad
Prep: 30mins-1hr Cook: 10 mins Serves: 4
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins
Casesar Dressing (I used Panera Bread Brand): 4 tbsp, divided
1 tsp Freshly ShavedParmesan cheese
Asiago Ciabatta Croutons – as much as you would like, I had 5
1. Place chicken breast tenderloins and 3tbsp of dressing into a gallon ziploc and seal, get as much air out as you can. Shake to ensure dressing evenly coats all pieces of chicken. Place back into the fridge for 30mins-1hr.
2. Heat a saute pain on medium-high heat. Wait until the pan is nice and hot, spray LIGHTLY with cooking spray. Allow any excess marinade to drip back into the bag before placing the pieces into the pan. Place all chicken pieces into pan and discard ziploc and marinade. Try to space the chicken evenly so that pieces are not touching.
3. Let chicken cook for 2-3 (or until the cooked side is nice and brown) and flip, allowing to fry another 3 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from pan and let sit for 3-5 minutes before serving.
5. To prepare salad, cut Romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces. Top with freshly shaved cheese, croutons, and remaining 1 tbsp dressing.
I served mine with Long Grain and Wild Rice, which adds 50 calories to this recipe (this helps it seem like I’m not serving salad for dinner…) 😉
Nutritional stuff: Each serving includes 4oz chicken, and side salad with 1tbsp dressing, 1tsp cheese, and a few croutons
What do you think? Let me know if you try it! Thanks for stopping by!